Sunday, March 31, 2013

Minnie Me

FEELING GOOD TODAY!

I always weigh myself on Sunday night between 8 and 9pm if at all possible. I started out weighing myself all of the time as is recommended  but I found that this did nothing but drive me completely batty as the number changed all of the time due to little fluctuations throughout the day. I also always wear the exact same thing even though it's getting huge on me so that it doesn't affect my weight in any way because I can be kind of a control freak and I can't weigh myself in my birthday suit in the living room now that we share an apartment with our friend James. lol I also weigh in on my wii fit which has been really accurate for me. 

Last week was a bit of a bummer, I've been loosing weight even if just a little every week since I really got serious about weight loss and the week before I had just celebrated loosing my first 20 pounds...and then I gained 2 back....To be fair, this was very likely because we ordered in pizza, went out for Thai and for Italian food all in the same week and I overate in all three places and your weight can fluctuate for a lot of reasons besides all of that. Erm...also I went on like one walk for exercise all week...lol...who knew that as much as I love food, changing my eating habits is actually tremendously easier than getting my butt of the couch. ;) The point being that it was deserved and even expected but disappointing none the less and I felt like this week I had to make up for it. 

I worked my butt off this week and with 1,719 calories under my calorie budget this week I was expecting good things but it's always nerve wracking. Somehow with all of my hard work, I still feel like the numbers are going down magically and so anything can happen! lol I even started taking measurements in case I started building muscle and was getting leaner but wasn't loosing numbers in a week so I wouldn't get discouraged if I was getting leaner but not lighter. I've been measuring my waist through the whole process and last week after the slight gain I also measured my upper arms, chest, hips, thighs, and calves. 

This week I lost 4.4 pounds! That officially puts me at 159.4 pounds. So psyched to be out of the 160s range now! The weight loss definitely makes up for last week since I have lost this much in a week once before but usually only loose a pound or two a week. I also remeasured for kicks before I weighed myself and found that since last week, I have lost 1/2 an inch in my arms and thighs and about an inch in my chest and hips. Feeling so accomplished and drinking a celebratory FUZE Slenderize which I am name dropping because it's super yummy low calories. I'm drinking the Tropical Punch low cal one right now and it's only 10 calories for the whole bottle! 

I also started something new this week to change up my flagging exercise regimen that I am very excited about!

Drum Role Please.....

After years of excuses for why I don't run, I signed up for the Color Me Rad 5k Run in August and suddenly got really excited about attempting to train for it.



So, I found this app on my phone called Ease into 5k. It's 2 or 3 bucks and there were some similar apps for free, but this one was really highly rated and I decided it was worth a 2.99 investment. :) 

Usually when I have tried to run before, I think I always did too much too soon. I'm excited about going about this in the right way to build up stamina and endurance so I don't get discouraged as easily as in the past. Yesterday was a simple 5 minute warm up then 9 intervals of running for 60 seconds and then walking for 90 seconds followed by a 5 minute cool down walk. I ended up just hitting the treadmill since I basically decided to do all of this at like 9pm last night. I ran about 2 miles with a run pace of 10:54 min/mi according to the app once I figured out how to adjust the walking and running pace. (I was walking and running faster than it thought I would, but I think it's OK because I was at a comfortable pace for me. What can I say, I'm a brisk walker.) 

Everything I know about running is basically provided by Google so if any of you runners have any suggestions I am open to feedback! My current running play list is a random last minute pick of songs that I already owned last night that had a faster tempo or could be somehow inspirational. I'm gonna share them because they are probably not what you would usually find on a suggested play list for running but I had fun with them. :D

1. Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet 
2. Evacuate - The Boxer Rebellion
3. Fighter - Christina Aguilera
4. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
5. If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 5
6. Little of Your Time - Maroon 5
7. Moves Like Jagger -Maroon 5
8. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
9. Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna
10. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
11. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
12. Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae
13. Wanted - Jessie James

Fun Stuff!

So that's where I am today. I got my food scale in the mail on Friday and used it for the first time today. No more guesstimating dry ounces, yay! lol....Funny that this excites me now...haha

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter! We had a nice quiet relaxing one and I did my ritual egg coloring while watching the Easter Parade with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire so it was lovely all around.

BLESSINGS TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment