Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's The Point Of All This

What is this blog really about anyway?

Write a book everyone says. I have so many stories and thoughts there must be some way to compile them. But what specifically should I write about? Truthfully, I've never thought that what I have to say is more important or maybe even terribly interesting in comparison to everyone else and their lives. But on the other hand I feel like when I share, the response is always amazing and there is something to that. So, I want to blog, not because I have this overwhelming feeling that everyone cares about every little thing that I personally do, but because I feel like we are all connected in a way that we sometimes loose track of in our crazy busy lives....if that makes sense?.....hmmmm......how to put this in the right words.....

Connections
In early Sociology and Psychology courses, they tell you that particularly in large metropolitan areas, depression rates are high and are due overwhelmingly to feelings of isolation, and for women especially, anxiety. It has always struck me how common it is to feel terribly alone in the world even as you move through it with thousands of other human beings right next you. And the worry, all of the little things that nit pick us and drive us crazy and deprive us of that soul quenching peace we so desire and strive for.

I guess for me, one of the most important solutions to this problem, and one we can all work on and make a difference with in our own little lives, is our connections with the people around us. It's the little things as well as the large profound experiences that tie us all together as human beings. No matter how embarrassing or weird or aggravating or heartbreaking or unbelievable wonderful our stories are, there is always someone out there who knows exactly what you mean. In my experience, when you are willing to put yourself out there, it's amazing not only what you get back, but how many other people really GET IT, and really GET you. Maybe it's trite and idealistic, but I think we could all use a little bit of that.

And so, finally, the point.
So this whole blogging thing comes down to my eagerness to share the big stuff and all the little inconsequential things with anyone who cares to listen and maybe, just maybe receive something back in return. Because let's be honest, we all love that feedback, that encouragement, and that feeling of being appreciated. I know I do, and you know what, that's OK. So instead of trying to narrow down what this blog will be about and causing myself extra anxiety over what to say or what not to say, and I'm just gonna write about my own personal Awful Beautiful Mess ie. life. Whatever I feel like really, and I will hope that it touches someone else out there the way I am often touched by others.

If you are reading this, thank you! I hope you enjoy what I have to offer and I would love to hear from you as well. <3

Have A Beautiful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment